Diaspora Travelers, LLC (“Diaspora Travelers”) recognizes that personal privacy is very important to visitors who access their web site (the “Site”), which includes any information, data, tools, products, services, and other content (together, “Content”) available on or through the Site. Accordingly, Diaspora Travelers has adopted the following privacy statement for its web site, its mailing list invitation on the Site, its PayPal shopping cart connected to the Site, and its web pages it maintains through Eventbrite.com:
1. Personally identifiable information is information that can be used to contact you or determine your specific identity. Diaspora Travelers does not collect personal identifying information about you through the Site except for:
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Diaspora Travelers wishes to advise parents and children who access the Site that Diaspora Travelers may collect (directly from you or your child) and retain personal identifiable information regarding your child.
2. Diaspora Travelers will use information collected on the Site for our own proper purposes. Diaspora Travelers also maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to protect the personal identifying information acquired.
3. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous and are not covered by Diaspora Travelers privacy statement.
4. Diaspora Travelers will not sell or give your e-mail or personally identifiable information to third parties, except as permitted or required by law as follows: i) to affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties, such as attorneys, accountants, and other professionals we use to service the Site or any of our travel products and services; ii) to comply with Federal, state, or local laws, rules and other applicable legal requirements; iii) to comply with a properly authorized civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation or subpoena or summons by Federal, state, or local authorities; or iv) to respond to judicial process or government regulatory authorities having jurisdiction over Diaspora Travelers for examination, compliance, and other purposes as authorized by law.
5. E-mail sent to us may not be secure. In an effort to maintain your privacy, persons or entities contacting Diaspora Travelers by email are advised not send confidential or sensitive information via the Internet. If you choose to send us an e-mail message through the Site’s “Contact Us” feature, we may retain the content of the e-mail message(s), your e-mail address, and our response(s).
6. If you submit content related to any of our group trips to us via telephone, email, or personally to one of our representatives, we reserve the right, at our discretion, to publish your content on the Site along with your name and other information you have provided to us.
7. The site will include links to other web sites operated by third parties. Diaspora Travelers is not responsible for information on these third party web sites, nor for services or products offered by them. Use of such third party web sites, including transmitting your personal data to them is at your own risk. Also, such third party web sites are not covered by Diaspora Travelers privacy statement and these third party sites may have their own privacy policies.
8. We encourage you to review this privacy statement periodically for updates that will be posted on our web site. Diaspora Travelers may change this privacy statement at anytime and without notice. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current terms. Your continued use of the Site after any such revisions will constitute your acceptance of the new terms and their application to your use of Diaspora Travelers web site and the information disclosed for such use, including information previously furnished to Diaspora Travelers, as if they were the initial terms.